PrevPrev Go to previous topic
NextNext Go to next topic
Last Post 03/28/2008 10:19 AM by  Joe O'Toole
LSN JDBC connection fails on LSF9
 6 Replies
Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
Joe O'Toole
Private
Private
Veteran Member
(802 points)
Veteran Member
Posts:312


Send Message:

--
03/27/2008 4:44 PM

    We migrated our Smart Notification from our Env 8.03 server to LSF9 but the connection tests for the JDBC data souce fail on the new box (DME connections test ok). We think all the SQL and JDBC settings are correct but the LSN install validator still reports Tomcat for the connection. Aside from moving from LSN 3.X to 9.X the only other fundemental difference is that LSN 9 is being serviced by Websphere while LSN 3 was using Tomcat. Has anyone else run into this or know how to point LSN at Websphere?

    John Henley
    Private
    Private
    Senior Member
    (9803 points)
    Senior Member
    Posts:3285


    Send Message:

    --
    03/27/2008 4:55 PM
    <!-- Converted from text/plain format -->

    What database are you using? I remember running into a similar situation with MSSQL and had to devise a workaround...

    Thanks for using the LawsonGuru.com forums!
    John
    Joe O'Toole
    Private
    Private
    Veteran Member
    (802 points)
    Veteran Member
    Posts:312


    Send Message:

    --
    03/27/2008 4:59 PM

    MS SQL 2000

    Joe O'Toole
    Private
    Private
    Veteran Member
    (802 points)
    Veteran Member
    Posts:312


    Send Message:

    --
    03/27/2008 5:04 PM

    After looking at this again, step 6 (JDBC driver location) in the LSN validator say's "Tomcat only test - not performed". I may have misinterpreted this message. At any rate, the connection test fails.

    John Henley
    Private
    Private
    Senior Member
    (9803 points)
    Senior Member
    Posts:3285


    Send Message:

    --
    03/27/2008 5:25 PM
    <!-- Converted from text/plain format -->

    You're probably hitting the same error I ran into, as it sounds like the same error.  I will look for my workaround and post it.

    Thanks for using the LawsonGuru.com forums!
    John
    John Henley
    Private
    Private
    Senior Member
    (9803 points)
    Senior Member
    Posts:3285


    Send Message:

    --
    03/27/2008 7:14 PM

    The problem I ran into was after LSN/LBI was installed, when I tried to create a datasource/infoset using JNDI, which didn't work using the MSSQL provider built into Websphere.

    BTW, I'm moving this thread to the SmartNotification forum..

    Thanks for using the LawsonGuru.com forums!
    John
    Joe O'Toole
    Private
    Private
    Veteran Member
    (802 points)
    Veteran Member
    Posts:312


    Send Message:

    --
    03/28/2008 10:19 AM
    John,
    We found that many of the JDBC settings are stored within Websphere so you can create a JNDI connection in LSN that is much simpler. Once we defined the JNDI datasource, our connection test worked. Now all we need to do is verify that the SQL code used in our SN's still work with the new connection type.
    Joe

    You are not authorized to post a reply.