RNI Report (PO135) cleanup and fix

Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author
    Hi!

Hoping someone might have some suggestions or help. After reviewing our PO135 report, we see there are a a lot of line items that are well over 6 months (some going back as far as 2017 even!). After doing a review, we can see several POs and vendors that were definitely paid, however, it appears our AP clerk forced a lot through the system without matching the invoice to a PO.

Our PO135 reports is just over 5,000 line items large, and so far, we have identified close to 3,000 that have already been paid.

My question is - is there a quick and easy way to help get these cleared out of the RNI report? We have been brainstorming and trying to think of a way to do this that won't royally cause any catastrophes to the financials.

Thanks!
    TDL
      There is not a quick/easy way to do this. Several years ago, we had this same issue at the company I worked for. We had a consultant come in and help us clean it up and write a work paper for going forward. Unfortunately, I do not have a copy of that paper. I do remember that it will require assistance from your purchasing team to fix the issue. You can't just delete the line items as that causes pricing issues. Half the battle is won though as you have identified all the items that are already paid. I would suggest entering a ticket to Xtreme for assistance with those items only as they will probably be the easiest to fix. Once you have those cleared up, then maybe bring in a consultant for the rest of the items. Sorry I can't be of more help.
      Kat V
      Veteran Member
      Veteran Member
        Depending on what version you are on- PO20 FC V (Archive) will remove the line from the RNI without messing up your inventory. This was added sometime in v9 - I want to say v9.01.

Our AP Manager was given change rights to PO20 so they can upload specifically this. Upload is mapped as:
        f4, PCR Company
        (H)f5, PCY-Procure-Group
        f12, PCR-PO-Number
        f13, PCR-PO-Release
        f14, PCR-PO-Code
        f31, PT-PLI-Line-Nbr
        f214:0, Line-FC1: This is a column of V
        Upload as Change Only

On PO64 it will show in the Cls Qty and close the line. PO190 will close the PO headers as normal.
        rad206
          Thanks for the replies! I will check with my Corporate Office to see if we can bring in a consultant to ensure we capture and correct this completely.

Our other thought was to just have an AP clerk manually enter the line items onto "Dummy" checks to clear them, and then to do manual journal entries to clear the expense and AP Cash account correctly. Obviously this would take a lot of manpower and OT, but even so would possibly be more cost effective than a consultant coming in. As we can pretty easily identify which vendors are holding this up, it may or possibly might not be as difficult, just very time consuming.
          Kat V
          Veteran Member
          Veteran Member
            If you've never looked at it before - you'll likely want to run PO136 in report mode and compare. It's possible you matched to the PO line and missed the receipt.
            Kelly
            Basic Member
            Basic Member
              We use the PO20 to archive the lines as Kat V mentioned. It's a lot easier and quicker to do the upload. We've also used MA80 and MA180 to archive and write off as well.
              Best of luck!

Russ
                Use the PO99.2, PO99.3 and PO99.1 to close your lines and the PO. It is a manual process but works.
                You are not authorized to post a reply.