Tables referred by AP230

Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author
Advanced Member
Advanced Member
    I'm trying to modify AP230 report. What all tables can I use?
    pbelsky
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member
      If you need to know which tables the AP230 is using but don't want to look at the source code, go to the infor support site and search for the AP technical text for your platform and version (e.g. "technical text AP Windows 9.0.1").

In theory, AP230 can be modified to access any table in your application database. What modification are you trying to make?
      maharuchi
      Advanced Member
      Advanced Member
        I want to add payment code and Hold code on AP230.

If I modify AP230, then dont I have to maintain it manually after every patch application or upgrade.
        pbelsky
        Veteran Member
        Veteran Member
          Yes, if you modify AP230, you may have to re-add your customizations if the program is updated by a patch.
          maharuchi
          Advanced Member
          Advanced Member
            Thanks for the reply. May I ask from where do I copy the source code from if we decide to go the route of modifying it. I'm new to Lawson Technical aspects and still learning this.

Thanks again. I appreciate your help.
            pbelsky
            Veteran Member
            Veteran Member
              We are on the Windows platform. For Windows and I belive Unix, you will find the source code on the application server in %lawdir%/productline/apsrc. FYI, a while back we had a request to add fields to a canned Lawson report, and we did something a little different, to avoid customizing the Lawson program. We used the report file (the .prt file) from the Lawson program as the input to a custom program that created a new report, with the extra fields the users wanted.
              John Henley
                Adding additional fields to standard reports is one of the primary use cases for "Lawson Smart Reports" (LSR). LSR (which is a free by the way) lets you do database lookups, etc. and add additional data to standard reports without creating a customized version of the program and having the future requirement for maintaining a custom program.
                Thanks for using the LawsonGuru.com forums!
                John
                pbelsky
                Veteran Member
                Veteran Member
                  We found this product to be too klugey for us when we tried it a couple of years back, but maybe they have improved it. You can certainly download it from the Lawson site and see if it meets your needs!
                  You are not authorized to post a reply.