1094 checksumaugmentationnum error

Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

We are on revbn299-17B for our BN299.

One of our companies attempted to upload their files to the IRS and is getting an error with the following element(s):  p4:CheckSumAugmentationNum.

Any thoughts on how to correct that?

Jason Beard
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member
      In your manifest file, what is the value for that element? What is the specific error that the IRS is giving you? Are you on unix or windows for LSF?
      Jason Beard
      617-548-5568
      jabeard3@gmail.com
      Jason Beard
      Veteran Member
      Veteran Member
        Also, silly question but you have applied the latest patches, correct? The IRS changed which type of checksum is valid for the 2017 tax year.
        Jason Beard
        617-548-5568
        jabeard3@gmail.com
        Margie Gyurisin
        Veteran Member
        Veteran Member
          We do have the CTPs installed unless Infor released one since Jan 9. There is no value being populated in the checksumaugmentationnum. I have had a CASE open for a week. It looks like we can get passed it by using a utility but the system should generate it for us. It did last year.
          Kristie Starzyk
          Veteran Member
          Veteran Member
            We are having the same issue. Did Infor ever get back to you?
            Margie Gyurisin
            Veteran Member
            Veteran Member
              Incident is still open. We followed the KB article for the HR Year End 2017 to get the value. End users can't do it because they can't download the utility on their PCs. I am pressing for a fix. It didn't happen the last 2 years.

Of course now there are address errors and the IRS wants us to download a parser utility and see where the error is or if it is a software issue.
              Jason Beard
              Veteran Member
              Veteran Member
                The command (for 2017) on windows would be certutil -hashfile nameoffile SHA256 . Fox AIX the command is openssl dgst -sha256 nameoffile

The IRS changed the hash requirements from prior years. Regarding the parser, I have a client that needed a completely custom ACA solution (no BN199) and I added that functionality (comparing the final product to the IRS schema) before submitting. If there is enough interest I will pull that logic into a standalone program. Please let me know if you would be interested.
                Jason Beard
                617-548-5568
                jabeard3@gmail.com
                TBonney
                Veteran Member
                Veteran Member
                  So, I am having the same issues here as well.

Furthermore, what I am experiencing is that since the manifest file is not assigned an augmentation number by the BN299 job...I generate one using a CheckSum utility (and use the SHA-256 one instead of the MD5 one as in previous years)...

What happens is that every time I paste that number into the manifest file and save it, I then run the newly saved version of the file through the utility again in order to validate the number, but it now generates a new/different hash.

So, if the number is changing every time I add it and re-save the file, how am I supposed to validate whether or not I am getting a valid number, without having to go through all the motions of submitting the file though AIRS, awaiting the IRS processing the file, continuing to check the site for status updates until the file is shown as processed (or in this case rejected) and then downloading the response file?

Am I missing something that could make this process easier and more efficient, in spite of the fact that the BN299 is not generating the checksum augmentation number hash as it should?
                  Jason Beard
                  Veteran Member
                  Veteran Member

When you say you run the file through the utility to generate the number.  What exactly do you mean?  When you generate the Checksum # you pass as input the Request file, not the manifest file.  Then you paste the resulting number into the manifest file, save it and then submit both the manifest and the Request to the IRS.

In terms of making it easier... yes Lawson could A) Generate the checksum as in years past... and B) validate the resulting files against the IRS schema to clear up any obvious problems before submitting to the IRS...  That said I don't see either of those things happening for this year :)

Please let me know if you need further assistance in getting your files ready to submit.

Jason Beard
                    617-548-5568
                    jabeard3@gmail.com
                    Margie Gyurisin
                    Veteran Member
                    Veteran Member
                      Just curious...... The checksumaugmentationnum error wasn't fixed with BN299 D. The only reason I ask is because that was the recommendation but we were already in the midst of submitting and didn't want to take the time to test the CTP since we had a work around. I intend to have it installed once I get a break in the action around here.
                      TBonney
                      Veteran Member
                      Veteran Member
                        Thank you Jason. That's my issue...I was running the wrong file (passing as input) through the checksum utility. I was generating the hash on the manifest file instead of the forms file.
                        Margie Gyurisin
                        Veteran Member
                        Veteran Member
                          So. Did anyone get the Lawson standard programs to populate this value automatically last year? We needed to update our system with a pretty significant CTP that was updating many programs so I took the opportunity to include the latest ACA CTPs which brings our BN299 to 17E. The ChackSumAugmenationNum still doesn't populate. Thoughts? Resolution?

This message appears in the log:

Program Messages:
                          ** Creating .prt and .dtl files
                          /usr/bin/rm: cannot remove 'd:/lsf10test/law/print/NT00000004/bn299pl30/1/1094C_Request_*': No such file or directory
                          TIME 08272000
                          Running BN299
                          PAYROLL SYSTEM
                          'openssl' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
                          operable program or batch file.
                          LS OUTPUT -rwxrwxrwa 1 Administrators XXXXXXX\Domain Users 7290043 Jun 12 1094C_Re
                          FILE SIZE 7290043
                          END TIME 08275100
                          Elapsed Time . . . . . .: 00:00:31
                          BN299 Completed. . . . .: Tue Jun 12 08:27:51 2018
                          Step 1: Completed. . . . .: Tue Jun 12 08:27:51 2018
                          Elapsed Time: 00:00:32
                          END: Job Ended: Tue Jun 12 08:27:52 2018
                          You are not authorized to post a reply.