Lawson Application Analyst
Want to be constantly challenged by highly technical and real-world problems? Does working on cloud computing, distributed systems, application development, and data mining problems sound interesting to you? Do you want to be part of something bigger than yourself? Do you want to be part of an incredible team whose primary goal is to improve the health and enhance the lives of current and future generations? Do you want to be part of something amazing?
If YES; then Van Andel Institute is seeking you to join the Information Technology department as a Lawson Application Analyst.
Why Van Andel Institute?
Van Andel Institute’s goal is to have an impact world-wide on medical science and education. VAI achieves this through biomedical research, with a focus on cancer and Parkinson disease and with an emphasis on translating scientific research results into clinical applications and strengthens science education by preparing and motivating individuals to pursue science or science-related professions.
Why VAI’s Information Technology Department?
The department provides leading edge information technology capabilities and tools that support the vision, mission, and goals of the institute. The department delivers enterprise integrated solutions; the highest quality customer service; all while ensuring the most cost effective use of the organization's standards-based infrastructure and current application portfolios.
What you’ll be doing…
· Responsible for day to day support, assist with upgrades, and implementation of new applications.
· Perform analysis, and problem resolution of major enterprise systems including Infor Lawson S3 (HCM, Financials, Procurement) BSI Tax Factory, Standard Register, ImageNow, and custom web applications.
· Identify and resolve systems issues in coordination with other team members,
· Work closely with Operations, Education, and Research counterparts to ensure consistent business processing methods,
· Provide expert and creative solutions to end-user requirements and problems,
· Perform in-depth analysis of workflows, data collection, interface integration needs, and reporting requirements,
· Take the initiative to respond, research, and resolve inquiries pertaining to VAI applications.
Who you are…
· A self-motivated and talented individual who is an analytical and innovative <g class="gr_ gr_80 gr-alert gr_gramm gr_run_anim Punctuation only-del replaceWithoutSep" id="80" data-gr-id="80">thinker,</g> has a passion for technology and enjoys learning,</span></p>
· Enthusiastic and service focused,
· Comfortable communicating professionally with team members, business partners, and vendors,
· Organized and attentive to detail,
· Able to integrate and support solutions on various platforms.
The ideal candidate would have…
· 5-9 years of IT experience required and Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, MIS, or Engineering preferred,
· Experience with Infor Lawson S3 or similar ERP system, SQL, scripting (Java Script, Perl, batch files), nice to have (Micro Focus Cobol, Process Automation, LSF Security Administration, LSF/Landmark System Administration),
· Strong report development skills using SQL Server Reporting Services and/or Crystal Reports.
To succeed in this role…
You must be passionate about being a customer advocate delivering high-quality service and solutions. You must be able to solve complex issues with a variety of applications looking for the best, most efficient solutions to everyday problems.
So if you are looking for a new challenge in an innovative high-energy environment, and you feel you’re a strong match for the position listed above… apply today at http://bit.ly/Lawson-VAI!
VAI is actively striving to diversify its workforce and strongly encourages qualified individuals from underrepresented groups to apply
This position will be open until filled. If you have any difficulty uploading your application or any questions, please email Eric Miller at email@example.com.
About Grand Rapids, MI
Van Andel Research Institute is located in downtown Grand Rapids, MI which is the second largest city in Michigan and the largest city in West Michigan. Grand Rapids offers a remarkable combination of cosmopolitan atmosphere and small town warmth, known for its philanthropic and sustainability-driven community, and is ranked one of "America's Top 100 Places to Live."
Located on the banks of the Grand River, Grand Rapids offers all the big-city excitement you'd expect from a million-resident metropolis, featuring hundreds of restaurants and nightspots, theatres, museums, sports and concerts. The safe and clean downtown is surrounded by an eclectic mix of walk-able neighborhoods.
With a medical and life sciences industry boom, strong entrepreneurial activity, dedication to green building and living, and innovative employers, Grand Rapids' diverse economy continues to grow, offering endless career opportunities.