Crystal 2008 server & designer

Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
    My friends:

I am trying to get XI R3 (AKA 2008) on to our test server.
    I have no problem applying both along side XI R2 SPx. My question comes in when I have downloaded XI R3 SP3 cumulative from Lawson, it says "Another version of this program is already installed, this installation cannot continue..."

Is there a certain order that you need to apply these in? From the readings I've already done, XI R2 and XI R3 can co-exist. Anyone be able to confirm or deny that?

Thanks much,
    -Greg
    Greg Moeller
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member
      Still fighting with this. Anyone have the order that the server and designer need to be installed in?
      amynelson
      Advanced Member
      Advanced Member
        Greg - I am not an LBI installer, but I do know that for Crystal RAS, you have to uninstall all previous versions of RAS before installer a newer version of RAS. This requires LBI downtime, but I am told from installers that I know that the process can be done in 1 - 2 hours.

Hope this helps,
        Amy
        Greg Moeller
        Veteran Member
        Veteran Member
          Thanks, Amy. I solved my own issue by uninstalling everything Crystal and then I reinstalled Designer first and then RAS.
          Hope this helps someone else in the future!

Cheers,
          -Greg
          Ruma Malhotra
          Veteran Member
          Veteran Member
            We had the same issue and we did exactly the same. In addition we installed sp2 which is cumulative but this was a year back since we are on crystal 2008 more than a year back so maybe they have another service pack or hot fix for crystal server as well as designer.

There is a document on Lawson support that explains the versions and the hot fies to go with it or existed that time.
            jrbledsoe001
            Veteran Member
            Veteran Member

I've seen this issue before.  Sometimes Crystal is still embedded in the workstation registry.  To get around this error I delete the registry entries with regedit.

You are not authorized to post a reply.