Crystal 2008

Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Has anyone got Crystal 2008 and the Lawson OLEDB to work together? 

Chris Martin
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member
      Haven't tried yet. Have you tried and run into problems, or just inquiring?
      ridjayc
      Veteran Member
      Veteran Member
        Yes we had a user install it and it seems to mostly break Lawson OLEDB.  
        John Henley
          Re: Crystal 2008 (bdef7126-05a9-43df-a519-95e09ef71563) <!-- Converted from text/plain format -->

Break, as in it doesn't pull up OLEDB at all? Or OLEDB doesn't work correctly?

I haven't tackled Crystal 2008 myself yet. 

Thanks for using the LawsonGuru.com forums!
          John
          ridjayc
          Veteran Member
          Veteran Member
            It does not seem to want to popup the DME query builder. We could drop an entire table into Crystal 2008. We only tried with it for about ten or fifteen minutes so I was wondering if there was a work around.
            John Henley
              Re: Crystal 2008 (bdef7126-05a9-43df-a519-95e09ef71563) <!-- Converted from text/plain format -->

I'm assuming the registry keys need to be added. They are specific for each Crystal version, and since Lawson OLEDB doesn't yet support Crystal 2008, they aren't there yet. 

John
              John Henley
                The registry key would need to look like this (this is for Crystal XI, you'll need to adapt to Crystal 2008):

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Business Objects\Suite 11.0\Crystal Reports\DatabaseOptions\Lawson.LawOLEDBC.4]
                "QueryBuilderFunctionName"="BuildQuery"
                "QueryBuilderProgID"="LawsonQueryBuilder.Query"
                John
                ridjayc
                Veteran Member
                Veteran Member

We did just a little bit of testing with the fix you suggested and so far it looks like that may work. 
                  dukeslater
                  Basic Member
                  Basic Member
                    My original post is https://www.lawsonguru.co.../topic/Default.aspx, which relates to the same problem.

I made the changes to the registry - I didn't have a \Database Options folder, so I created it and the key exactly as your example.

Rebooted, but no change in behavior.

Does the '4' in LawOLEDBC.4 indicate a specific version? I'm using 4.1.14.

Also, in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Business Objects, I have folders for Suite 11.0, suite 11.5, and suite 12.0. Some of this is related to Business Objects Enterprise components. I'm using Crystal version 11.0.0.1282.

Thank you for any input you can provide.
                    dukeslater
                    Basic Member
                    Basic Member
                      I'm working! I took a look at my boss's registry, and although her folder is Crystal Decisions (since she is using v.10), the subfolders and keys were the same as the example with one exception:

QueryBuilderProgID"="LawsonQueryBuilder.Query"

was

QueryBuilderProgID"="LawQueryBuilder.Query"

I made the change and everything is working as expected - so you may have to try it both ways to get it to work on your specific installation.

Thanks for all your help.

Vito Amatulli
                      Advanced Member
                      Advanced Member
                        We just applied Crystal 2008 along with SP2. We had to un-install OLEDB and then re-install after we applied Crystal Reports 2008 SP2. Other than that it's working okay for us.
                        Donna
                        Veteran Member
                        Veteran Member
                          I have had to uninstall and reinstall OLEDB at a couple of clients after installing Crystal 2008 or applying patches to get the dme query screen to appear.
                          You are not authorized to post a reply.