LBI 9.0.4 - Framework Services security

Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
    In Version 904 any LBi roles defined at the dashboard levels is cascading down to the modules and indiviual links on the modules when any new role is added to the dashboards and saved.

We have different levels of security set up for different modules and even links on the module.

As an example if we have the HR dashboard, we may have all of the roles defined but we have modules where we have compensation, termination and not everybody on the HR dashboard should have access to these modules. To go deeper the links on each of these modules may have different roles attached where one link points to a termination report with LBi roles and another link may point to a termination report with reason where the roles defined on this link may be different from the above.

But in 904 whenever you add a new role to the dashboard and save all of the LBI roles attached at the dashboard level is cascading down to every module and link attached to every module.

We may have reporting services security attached but we do not want users to vene see the links and further we have smart notes integrated in the dashboards which do not have reporting services security and now all users can click on the smart note and look at the data.

Anybody on 904 experiencing this issue. What si your workaround ?
    Chris Martin
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member
      Hi Ruma,

I have yet to run into this myself, but it sounds more like a bug rather than working as designed. It's not documented in the Release Notes. Have you opened a case with support?

Chris
      Ruma Malhotra
      Veteran Member
      Veteran Member
        I did open a case with support right when we implemented 904 about this. Their reply is that this was requested by many customers so they changed the way the LBI roles cascade down to the modules and links but they now see the issue that I am facing because frankly we have a couple hundred reports running on different dashboards with different security attached to each and it is difficult to keep track of each link and module security whenever a new role is created and attached at the dashboard level.

Their reply is in a future release("heartbeat") they will change this functionality to let the user choose whether they would like the LBI roles to cascade or add it for them. But they have not decided which release and when so for the time I am stuck whenever I create a new role which is practically each week.

Chris Martin
        Veteran Member
        Veteran Member
          That's a pretty significant change, maybe something they should document in the Release Notes?
          Ruma Malhotra
          Veteran Member
          Veteran Member
            For all LBI users on version 9.0.4 who are suffering with this issue, Lawson released hotfixes for framework services LBI version 9.0.4 this month on the 17th or the 18th.

This issue has been resolved.

You are not authorized to post a reply.