MA236 criteria.

Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author
    Hello all,

I am attempting to write an enhanced version of MA236 in Crystal XI. I aquired code on MA236 using "bldsh" command but the exact criteria is still unclear to me. I can get within a few records of a perfect match to MA236, but I always end up a few records short and, in addition, get a few that are not in MA236.

Has anyone attempted this in Crystal before? If so, or even if not, does anyone have a clear set of criteria for MA236? Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

Thank you,

Theo Welsh.
    David Williams
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member
      My approach is simplistic but it should work. On POLINES you have a Matched-Qty and a Rec-Qty (received) and I usually just report on where matched>received. There is a field called Matched-No-Rec but I don't actually know how this is used (I'm looking at our test system). That might be the field you need to use to filter your records.
      David Williams
      T.Welsh
        Hello David, and thank you for the advice.
        Matched > Received does return under-received lines and is currently part of my criteria, but used alone excludes matched quantities where the invoiced amt is not equal to the po extended amt, and would also exclude over-received lines, both of which might be in MA236. I looked at "MATCHED_NO_REC", but unfortunately all fields are 0.

I am currently using MAINVDTL as my primary table as I have to include records with a line number of 0. These “Zero Lines” are created by AP and are assigned the proper line number once matched. While these rarely occur I do have to account for them.

Any idea of how I can additionally filter the data while getting over and under received as well as unmatched invoice amount?
        David Williams
        Veteran Member
        Veteran Member
          Sorry - I've been under the weather so haven't been keeping up. The only other thing, since you seem to be 95% there with your current criteria, is to evaluate the differences between your report and Lawson's and try to account for those differences in your logic.

Without knowing more about what those differences are, it's hard to advise. Another option is to let your end users know about the variances and see if they're okay with them. You might actually be reporting back what they need to see even if Lawson doesn't.
          David Williams
          Emer Capulong
            Hi Theo,
            I am in the process of re-creating the record selection criteria for MA236
            Would you mind sharing the logic you created?
            Thanks!
            NatalieD
            Veteran Member
            Veteran Member
              I would be very interested as well. Thanks!
              You are not authorized to post a reply.