PA100 report

Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Has anybody been able to create the PA100 report straight from the Lawson tables.

Our HR dept runs the PA100 everyday to update personnel actions. The PR dept needs this report but in a different format and sorted not by employee but in a different way. The problem in creating this report is changes to an employees record is stored as current on HR11 or the employee table and the previous value is tored in the HR history table. For every personnel action which may be about 70-100 changes each personnel action is stored as a separate field number in the hr history table and difficult to recreate.

Thanks in advance for sharing any ideas,

Ruma.

Char
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member
      I work exclusively with the back end so I'm not familiar with the PA100 but one of my employees did several reports for one of our clients that showed personell changes of all types with the separate field numbers showing both the current and old values. I recall helping her work out some of the SQL for them and they weren't a lot of fun - we had to use SQL commands that were pretty elaborate. I don't think they'd be plug and play by any means and the SQL was written for DB2 but it might give you an idea of how to get started. Email me at ccraig@CrystalAdvantage.com if you want one of the sample queries and I'll put you in touch
      Shane Jones
      Veteran Member
      Veteran Member

I agree with Char - this is not a simple plug and play report. There was an example somewhere on how to pull a report in crystal with current value and the previous value.  (searched the site but I did not find it....)

We needed to do this for locations, cost centers, and job codes so we created a database view that pulls the HRHISTORY value twice in one query to put the current and previous value on one line. (link back to grab max record dated less than the parent record.) This works well for us. We can create a report with these database views. If we use too many values it gets a bit slow to run.

Shane Jones
        Tools: HR, Payroll, Benefits, PFI, Smart Office, BSI, Portal and Self-Service
        Systems: Lawson, Open Hire, Kronos, Crystal Reporting, SumTotal Learning
        ** Teach others to fish...
        Naresh
        Basic Member
        Basic Member
          I am doing crystal reports against LAWSON M3 with out knowing anything about Lawson application Reports or Lawson Back Office Reports.
          Any one could explain me what are LAWASON application reports or Lawson back office reports and where do i get them?
          I have access to M3 through the smart office client installed on my machine.
          I have access to M3 Oracle Database with read privileges.

You are not authorized to post a reply.