Problem Publishing GL291

Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

I had a request to publish GL291 (Trial Balance) onto an LBI dashboard.  So when I went through the publishing steps, I selected back office reports, the product line, the job name, etc.  I published the report and ran it a second time.  When I try to view the report its shows up as a blank screen.  Has anyone published a GL291 or other non-rw100 back office report?  Any suggestions, tips, pointers?

David Williams
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member
      Did you create the configuration file GL291.cfg which creates the XML tags?
      David Williams
      David Williams
      Veteran Member
      Veteran Member

Sample attached

Attachments
        David Williams
        Chris Martin
        Veteran Member
        Veteran Member
          Have you successfully published and created viewable instances for any other back office reports? If not, CU201 is a good baseline report to start from.
          dcaiani
          Veteran Member
          Veteran Member
            David, Thanks for this info I will pass it along to our sysadmin.

Chris, the only backoffice reports i have published to this piont have been rw100s which not been an issue.
            Ruma Malhotra
            Veteran Member
            Veteran Member

I had the same issue and here are the steps we took to resolve this:

1. You would need to put david's attachment in the directory $LAWDIR/system/roductline/glsrc and name this file GL291.cfg.

2. When you run the job in lawson go to your print directory in lid to see whether there are the xml files created.

3. You should also be able to check the ftp connection on the application server to see whether the ftp functionality works.

4. After the job completes, there is a file known as the broadcast.csv created under $LAWDIR/system/ers/backoffice. This file should disappear after a few minutes. If this file is not created or does not disappear you may have issues with backoffice publishing.

5. Once this is done you can also check the lawson documents on your lbi server to see whether a new report-id folder for this report is created and there should be instances under this folder.

for every back office job created there will need to be a cfg file for that program that exists in the src directory if you are not setting it at a global level. Lawson does not recomemnd creating it at a global level but it depends on your case.

This maybe a bit too technical. The IT dept can go into all directories and check whether everything is in place for the instance to be created.

hth.

David Williams
              Veteran Member
              Veteran Member
                By the way, if you just want to push the GL291 report out there you can just flag it as a URL and open the Lawson report as is.
                David Williams
                dcaiani
                Veteran Member
                Veteran Member
                  Problem solved. Thanks to eveyone for thier input!
                  You are not authorized to post a reply.