Windows 7, Crystal 2008 and Oracle 10g

Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
    I am looking for advice from other Lawson consultants or clients who are using Windows 7 and develop Crystal Reports. My laptop died forcing me to buy a new one and could not get another Windows operating system.

I have been developing reports in Crystal 2008 for 2 years using Windows Vista with no issues. Prior to that I have been developing Crystal Reports since 1997 with many versions of Crystal and Windows.

I am on a client assignment using Crystal 2008 and Oracle 10g. I did some research (very quickly) on the Oracle and SAP forums before I bought the laptop. As a result I am upgrading to the Windows 7 Professional version with the dual boot option that allows you to emulate XP if needed to run an application. My computer is currently being set up with Windows 7 Professional, Crystal 2008 which may require SP3 and Oracle 10g for developing Crystal Reports.

I am hoping that I have covered all the bases needed to be developing reports in Crystal 2008 quickly.

Thank you for reading my post.

Donna Shelton
    Ace Report Consulting

Char
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member
      I use Windows 7, 10g and CR2008 with no problems and no special SPs
      Jimmy Chiu
      Veteran Member
      Veteran Member
        You are probably running into issue with not configuring the ODBC correctly if you are on Windows 7 x64 edition. Most of the laptop ships the 64bit edition now. Thus, you need to run the SysWow64\odbcad32.exe to create 32 bit ODBC to work with Crystal 2008.
        Donna
        Veteran Member
        Veteran Member
          Char and Jimmy,

My computer is being set up at the client site and I am remote so I am not developing yet. I am forwarding your information to the tech who is setting up all my connections.

I may reach out to you again when I start using the computer.

Thank you for your response.

Donna
          Ruma Malhotra
          Veteran Member
          Veteran Member
            I use windows xp service pack2, with oracle 10g and crystal 2008 sp2. From my pc I have not had any issues.
            You are not authorized to post a reply.