Cycle counting - invenotry value IC233 vs frozen total dollar amount IC175

Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

I am in the process of conducting YE physical inventory count.

I ran an IC233 report to identify the current inventory value.

I then counted the inventory and submitted the variances (IC175). At the bottom of the IC175 report the "Location total dollar frozen" is different than the IC233 total inventory dollar amount. Shouldn't these two total dollar amounts be the same?

Johnmac
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member
      Answer - items that are inactive in IC12 are not frozen when IC170 runs
      JonA
      Veteran Member
      Veteran Member
        But items that are inactive in IC12 should also have no SOH so they wouldn't be included in the SOH value calculation in IC233.
        Jon Athey - Sr. Supply Chain Analyst - Materials Management - MyMichigan Health
        Johnmac
        Advanced Member
        Advanced Member
          Unfortunately some of the inactive IC12 records have SOH which is why I ran into this issue..
          SCMaster-jk2
          Veteran Member
          Veteran Member
            This is an old thread but we're having the same issue. No inactive items have stock in them though. I guess I don't know how exactly to read the IC175, how is the Location Total Dollars Frozen calculated? When I sum the freeze quantities * cost, I get a much lower number than the total dollars...
            Mike Bernhard
            Veteran Member
            Veteran Member
              IC175 only shows EXCEPTIONS (records where count qty <> freeze qty).
              Bill Ianni
              Veteran Member
              Veteran Member
                The Location Total Dollars Frozen is a calculation of the frozen qty * the cost from ICRECEIPTS (if Company Costing Method is LIFO or FIFO) or ITEMLOC (if the costing method is AVG).
                Mike Bernhard
                Veteran Member
                Veteran Member
                  By the way, download the ICFREEZE table if you want to see all the freeze records in Excel.
                  You are not authorized to post a reply.