IC175 Update problem

Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author

Today we ran the IC175 in non update mode until ready to update 

next step we selected the Update in  Y  mode to move forward and then  processed the end of inventory  IC133

the inventory  was the same  as the begining iC233 - The inventory counts apparently did not update (not sure what happened or how to correct without doing the  inventory all over ) 

The freeze was then deleted 

any suggestions or comments will be appreciated 

JonA
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member
      What does the IC175 report show? Did you make changes to the freeze quantities in IC72?

If your variances were not updated I'm afraid you'll have no choice but to rerun your PI. You could use IC24 to adjust all the items that were off but I bet your auditors would want to see the PI run properly and have the IC175 report for their records.
      Jon Athey - Sr. Supply Chain Analyst - Materials Management - MyMichigan Health
      Kat V
      Veteran Member
      Veteran Member
        This happened to a user here, but was never resolved. When they froze and reentered a portion of the count, it worked fine. They froze it all and reentered all counts and had no errors ever again. We had assumed user error.

Does GL90 show any activity labeled Physical Inventory?
        Mike Bernhard
        Veteran Member
        Veteran Member

I am not certain that you have a problem. I believe that the IC233 is based on month end values and won't show a difference until you run IC130.

Either way, take a look at your copy of the IC175 report that was run in UPDATE MODE (if you don't have a copy, you should be able to find it in the print manager of whoever ran this job). 

Verify that the report was run in UPDATE MODE. Also, verify that there was there a DOLLAR VARIANCE listed on the bottom of the report?

If so, check a few of the items that had variance (in IC50) to see if your adjustments posted. If the adjustments have posted, then you should be fine.

Try running the IC234 with SATURDAY's DATE and YESTERDAY's DATE to see if the valuation changed.

Mike Bernhard
          Veteran Member
          Veteran Member
            Couple side notes:
            1) Make sure you always save a copy of each IC175 each time it is run (REPORT MODE and UPDATE MODE). I recommend you save these reports in CSV as well as PDF mode
            2) In the future, I recommend that you do not delete them for at least 2 weeks after a physical inventory is completed unless you need to delete them for the purpose of cycle counting. If you cannot wait two weeks, then you should download a copy using MS Addins or similar data extract tool (just download the entire ICFREEZE table). FYI-the freeze records are simply a copy of your inventory balances and can be very useful if accounting has any post-inventory questions. Some orgs I have worked with are under the impression that they cannot continue with normal business until the freeze records are deleted and that is not accurate.
            Kat V
            Veteran Member
            Veteran Member

IC130 is part of our process. The IC233 updates per the GL date. Neither of these steps wait for month end here.

(Besides the at will jobs, we run the IC130 nightly as well.)

EDITED:

Per the form help and my users - the IC233 does NOT need the IC130 to run - which is why my users like it.  IC130 is required for the Physical Inventory to show up on GL, but the IC175 in update mode should alter the IC233 counts and values.

From form help: NOTE  The report prints the run date and time and lists a composite total of Item Location records as of that run date and time. The report multiplies the current stock-on-hand times the unit cost. It does not take into consideration when the transaction that updated the inventory took place.

So, for the original post, yes, if the IC233 is off, you will want to drill around on a couple of items to confirm that the physical inventory actually updated SOH quantities.  If it didn't, the only way I know is to "do over" unfortunately.

Mike Bernhard
              Veteran Member
              Veteran Member

Aha. Understood.  

DocPhoenix: My point still remains that if you have not run IC130 since you ran IC175 in UPDATE MODE then this might explain why the valuation report did not change.  

docphoenix

Mike

We have 3 hospitals and the first one was successful on Friday - the other two we did this weekend and the crew worked in NON update MODE and then two of the staffer indicated they both hit UPDATE - when I verified the 233 that's when I noticed the same values as the beginning 233

The last IC175 that I can see in the print indicates non update with our approved ok dollar variance we were going to process

question : what happens immediately after you run in UPDATE MODE that can be used in the future to ensure without a  doubt the inventory processed - You live and learn I always say ---   by the way Mike -this is Ted Phoenix !  

Mike Bernhard
                  Veteran Member
                  Veteran Member
                    Hi Ted. I thought that might be you!

Per your above note, the IC175 that you found in the users' print manager shows that the job was run in NON UPDATE MODE. This means that you have officially confirmed that the IC175 job was NOT run in UPDATE MODE. (by the way, the IC175 job cannot be run in non-update mode after running it in update mode so unfortunately the fact for you is that the records were deleted prior to posting your inventory results)

So, as much as I hate to tell you this, you need to restart the Lawson inventory process and then reenter all the counts.

To answer your last question ("how to avoid having this happen again") you need to make sure that the the freeze records are not deleted prior to confirming that the inventory has posted. Freeze records can be deleted as part of the IC175 parameter screen or using IC179, so you need to be careful when giving security access to these screens. (I always recommend that you not delete the freeze records for two weeks post-inventory unless you need to do so to conduct cycle counting - in which case you should download a copy of ICFREEZE before deleting the records).
                    You are not authorized to post a reply.