PO100 Combining Lines

Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Hi everyone,

Really confused here. Right now if multiple requisitions come in for the same item, PO100 will place that item on the same PO but keep them separated so we can see the sources for easy delivery. However, is it possible to combine the lines and still have the put away tickets separated? 

For example, let's say we have an item with a packaging string EA 1/BX 10. Two par locations(A and B) have a par of 5 EA because it's a slow mover but it just so happens that both floors ran out at the same time and they both put a req for 5 EA. PO100 will run and pick up these reqs and place them on a single PO:

PO# 3289483

1 - item# - 5 EA src A

2 - item# - 5 EA src B

This is nice because the put away ticket will show the sources for the item BUT our vendor charges extra for a lower unit of measure. Is it possible to combine these lines on the PO to show as

PO# 3289483

1 - item# - 1 BX 

AND have the put away tickets still show separate sources of 5 EA for location A and B?

David Williams
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member
      I think you're thinking of Delivery Tickets? A Put-Away ticket tells you where to put the item away into your inventory location. If these are stocked items then the Put-Away will print first and then the separate Delivery tickets will print for both Pars.
      David Williams
      JonA
      Veteran Member
      Veteran Member
        Lawson won't do exactly what you would like but it comes close. If you set PO100 to combine on the line it will combine these and also preserve the two sources so when the line is received a separate delivery ticket will print for each requesting source. But Lawson won't convert the 10 EA to 1 BX on the line. The line will show 10 EA. In order for the end users to be able to order non-stock items by the EA on the par, that EA uom has to be a valid Buy uom or you'd get a "0 decimal item" error when added to the req (if you have the decimal for quantity flag set to 0 in IC11).

If that's not satisfactory you could either up the par level to 1 BX or perhaps add the item to inventory so the floors can pull by the EA.
        Jon Athey - Sr. Supply Chain Analyst - Materials Management - MyMichigan Health
        Kat V
        Veteran Member
        Veteran Member
          PO10.1/.2 - set the vendors to S to combo reqs into PO Lines.

I'm getting a different reaction than Jon though. If IC11 says EA and BX are valid Buy UOMs and PO25.6 has BX. If I order 10EA, PO100 converts to BX. If I order 15EA it stays EA or gives me a decimal error.
          You are not authorized to post a reply.