Query brings back dates, but excel 2010 displays as a number

Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author

Terrie

Basic Member

Basic Member

We were on Windows XP, Office 2010, and when I did a query, it brought back the data in excel and displayed correctly.  We recently upgraded laptops to Windows 7.  Now when I do same query, it brings back data and displays dates as number.

It only does this for me.  It doesn't do that on another person laptop who was give Windows 7.

Has anybody seen or experienced this?  Any suggestions on what I can do to stop this?

Thanks

JimY

Veteran Member

Veteran Member

I have had that problem with other apps that extract dates. What I had to do to correct it was to format the cell as a date. That changed the number to a date. Good luck.

BarbR

Veteran Member

Veteran Member

This same problem arose for us after we applied an upgrade. I don't remember the details, but Lawson has a patch for this and after we applied the patch the problem went away.

BarbR

Veteran Member

Veteran Member

I should have said that it was an Add-In patch - so you'll need to upgrade the clients (we are using MOA_09000301P11491 which does not have this problem.

Terrie

Basic Member

Basic Member

Thank you for the reply.  I will pass this information on to our IT staff.
            You are not authorized to post a reply.