DB changes - 9.0.0 to 9.0.1 upgrade

Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author
Advanced Member
Advanced Member
    Hi,

We are planning to upgrade from 9.0.0 to 9.0.1 next year and I am researching on DB changes between 9.0.0 and 9.0.1. I could not find anything in Lawson KB.
    Did someone find any documents with information about it?

Thanks,
    Lorena.
    Xin Li
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member
      You will get a doc from mylawson regarding DB change once you have download link for 9.0.0 to 9.0.1 upgrade package. Our is from 8.1.0 to 9.0.1.
      Chris Martin
      Veteran Member
      Veteran Member
        Go to the KB and search for "lawson enterprise applications release notes". You will see them listed on the Documentation tab by version/msp. They are not cumulative, but changes from one msp to the next. In the doc, search for "database changes".
        David Britton
        Veteran Member
        Veteran Member
          My organization just went through a 9.0.0 to 9.0.1 Environment/Application upgrade and there is a gotcha on testing.

The changes to the 9.0.1 Applications are so extensive that you have to upgrade both data and programs together. Thus to test the 9.0.1 application with somewhat current production data we had to:
          export 9.0.0 data from production
          import 9.0.0 data into test 9.0.0 product line (say lsf900to901a)
          promote product line lsf900to901a from 9.0.0 to 9.0.1
          test

next cycle of testing
          export 9.0.0 data from production
          import 9.0.0 data into a different test 9.0.0 product line (say lsf900to901b) (can't use lsf900to901a becuase it is now 9.0.1)
          promote product line lsf900to901b from 9.0.0 to 9.0.1

repeat as necessary.

The necessity to constantly create new product lines greatly increased the effort and time needed to complete the upgrade.

You have to create a new 9.0.0 product line for each data import and promotion cycle.
          Annie Choquette
            From the mylawson.com homepage, you can select the link to Products & Services (across the top of the page). From the dropdown menu, choose Download Products.
            Once that page comes up, click on the link View My Products
            Choose the link for Application Upgrades to expand the view on that category, and then select Application Upgrades again to expand that sub-view.
            Choose any of the links for 9.0.0.4 to 9.0.1.
            Once this page returns, there is a link to VIEW the Database Differences Document.
            You are not authorized to post a reply.