Lawson 9.0.1 MSP 5 (from 3) / ESP 7 (from 5) on Win 2008 - How Tough?

Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
    Not sure if we want to tackle this ourselves or hire a consultant to assist.

MSP 5 (from 3) / ESP 7 (from 5) on Win 2008

In addition we'll be moving from BSI 8 to BSI 9.

Anyone accomplished this?
    Is it manageable?
    Did anyone get consultant to do?

Any advise would be helpful, we have ONE window of opportunity for our business users to test each year and this year we will be tackling the MSP's for our first time.

Roger French
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member
      Beverly,

It all depends. To someone who doesn't have the experience of installing MSP's and ESP's, then yes it can look daunting. On the other hand, to someone who's done many of these, then it is not difficult. I am talking about the actual technical pieces of doing the installing of the MSP and ESP.

I have done many of these over the years as both a client and as a consultant and it is imperative as with many other things in life, that you understand what you are doing step by step and know all of the commands, and things to check before, during and after the installations. Also understand that when you install an MSP or an ESP, even though you may have an install manual in front of you, not everything you need to do is in those manuals, and in some cases, the manuals may not be 100% correct and/or complete for your situation.

Contact me off line if you'd like to discuss.
      Thanks,
      Roger
      rfrench5@gmail.com

You are not authorized to post a reply.