PR170 file locatoin

Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Hello everyone,

I am trying to change the default file locatoin for PR170 which is (/work directory). I have used jobdef in LID to define a path under (External Name like d:/lsenv/law/lsapps/work/pr170pospay/) but the file keeps going root of work folder. I would eventually have a file channel scan file but I dont want to point File channel to work folder.  Any suggestion would be appreciated.

Tx

Ragu Raghavan
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member
      Does the job log show the new external name?
      adnan512
      Advanced Member
      Advanced Member
        prt report shows external file path but that only works when I select CSV = Y in the job. It creates a non csv fixed width flat file in the work folder which I want to go to a proper folder. I don't need a CSV since bank only accepts a flat file.
        Ragu Raghavan
        Veteran Member
        Veteran Member
          As far as I know, the external name override in jobdef only applies to the the CSV file. Flat files, will either need a minor mod to PR170 or have a script or something that runs after PR170 to move the file.
          John Henley
            @adnan512: I did something similar for a client for PR160; It's not easy to alter a work file location without a customization or creating a multi-step job with a post-processing script. So, I set up a BCI ScanFileClient (9.0.x) / IPA File Channel (IPA 10+) to "listen" for files in the designated work folder and processed them using a flow. You do have to experiment and put in some waits in the flow so you don't try to copy a file that is still being written.
            Thanks for using the LawsonGuru.com forums!
            John
            adnan512
            Advanced Member
            Advanced Member
              Yeah.. I might just setup a script to move the files to correct folder inside an IPA. Then setup a file channel to kick off an IPA to reformat the files for the Bank. We are going to have 14 different Positive Pay files generated to process.
              adnan512
              Advanced Member
              Advanced Member

Thank You all. I do have a script for PR160 file backup and moving ACH and PMTOUT to a designated folder. I will replicate the same IPA for PR170 to kick off the script to move the files to a designated folder and the rename the files with date and time stamp for further processing/reformatting for the Bank. Infor support also stated that default file locatoin can not be changed.

You are not authorized to post a reply.