PrevPrev Go to previous topic
NextNext Go to next topic
Last Post 4/1/2019 6:04 PM by  TBonney
importdb works in one product line but not another
 3 Replies
Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
TBonney
Private
Private
Veteran Member
(640 points)
Veteran Member
Posts:276


Send Message:

--
3/27/2019 11:20 AM

    I am trying to use the importdb utility to load data to CBPMTLOAD. Using the exact same file for both, the file loads fine when I run it into one of our test product lines. However, when I try to run that same file into our production product line, it hangs after the header record and never actually loads the data. I have tried it manually in both LID and a cmd window (we are Windows environment), with the same results in both. I also tried rebooting the application server to no avail.

    Has anyone ever experienced this issue before? I can't figure out what could prevent it from working in one product line when it loads just fine in another.

    Any guidance is much appreciated. Thanks in advance.



    I am trying to use the importdb utility to load data to CBPMTLOAD. The same file loads fine when I run it into one of the test product lines. However, when I run it in production, it hangs after the header record and never loads the data. I have tried it manually in both LID and a cmd window, with the same results in both. I also tried rebooting the server to no avail.

    What could prevent it from working in one product line when it loads just fine in another? Please advise as I am at my wits end. Thanks for your help.
    I am trying to use the importdb utility to load data to CBPMTLOAD. The same file loads fine when I run it into one of the test product lines. However, when I run it in production, it hangs after the header record and never loads the data. I have tried it manually in both LID and a cmd window, with the same results in both. I also tried rebooting the server to no avail.

    What could prevent it from working in one product line when it loads just fine in another? Please advise as I am at my wits end. Thanks for your help.
    I am trying to use the importdb utility to load data to CBPMTLOAD. The same file loads fine when I run it into one of the test product lines. However, when I run it in production, it hangs after the header record and never loads the data. I have tried it manually in both LID and a cmd window, with the same results in both. I also tried rebooting the server to no avail.

    What could prevent it from working in one product line when it loads just fine in another? Please advise as I am at my wits end. Thanks for your help.
    JimY
    Private
    Private
    Veteran Member
    (1438 points)
    Veteran Member
    Posts:510


    Send Message:

    --
    3/27/2019 2:49 PM
    Are the tables the same on Test and Prod? Possibly an update was done on Test that wasn't done on Prod that changed the table on Test.
    TJ Mann
    Private
    Private
    Veteran Member
    (110 points)
    Veteran Member
    Posts:44


    Send Message:

    --
    4/1/2019 5:20 PM

    I had seen this issue. after ftp, vi your ftped file, and make sure it does not have additional chars or CR.

    TBonney
    Private
    Private
    Veteran Member
    (640 points)
    Veteran Member
    Posts:276


    Send Message:

    --
    4/1/2019 6:04 PM
    Thanks for the responses JimY and TJ Mann. Yes, we compared the schema of the CBPMTLOAD table and both environments are identical, as is the file used since it was the exact same file (reviewed and compared after ftp transfer to each server using a text editor).

    However, it appears to work fine now (even though no true changes were made)...So here's what happened folks...

    In trying to get this command to work on this CBPMTLOAD table, we had attempted to run the improtdb command (importdb -nd) both with and without a header record in the input file, using both the -nd options alone and with the -f option added to them (-fnd). No matter how we tried it, the import failed.

    However, once I put in a ticket to Infor, they advised me that since we had a header present in our input file, I should add the -f option to indicate that there is a header record. So, when we tried this (again), it failed (again). Upon learning of this result, Infor then advised me to go back to using only the n & d options, but with also removing the header record from the input file.

    Now knowing that we had already tested this both ways and seeing it fail both ways, in an effort to continue through with my due diligence, I did in fact try the steps suggested by Infor (again), but low and behold!! When I removed the header record and ran it thorugh using just the -nd again, it worked!! Then, and this is whre is really gets weird...having subsequently gone back and added the header record back in, I am now able to successfully run the same importdb -nd command either way. Illogically, it now works every time I try it, using just the two initial options -nd, whether we include a header record in the input file or not.
    You are not authorized to post a reply.