Manufacturer Info on IC11, IC12, & IC81/281

Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author
Advanced Member
Advanced Member
    I am fairly new to Lawson, so please excuse the dumb question.

If IC12 manufacturer information is blank, where does the manufacturer information in IC81/IC281 come from? Is it IC11?

I have a number of IC12 records with the manufacturer information blank. I also have a number of items where the IC11 and IC12 manufacturer information does not match. Does IC12 need to be updated when we update IC11?

Thanks for your help.

Rebecca
    Kat V
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member
      Don't know about IC81 - but yes, IC12 pulls from IC11 when you first add and then becomes a separate entity from it. Makes no sense but you can use IC330 and IC331 to update.

We used design studio and process flow - and by "we" I mean we cried until IT did it for us - we added a button on PO13.3 so if we change something and we want IC11 and IC12 changed to match what we just did, we click the button and it updates and runs the jobs for us.
      JonA
      Veteran Member
      Veteran Member
        If the IC12 mfg info fields are blank the info will pull from IC11 into the req (RQ10, RQC or IC83/MSCM) or PO or IC281 for that matter so it's not absolutely necessary to have mfg info in IC12. But sometimes it may be necessary to have different mfg info in IC12 if your system is not standardized across all locations. When we brought another hospital into our system in 2006 we had many items that were basically the same item but from different manufacturers. So we had different mfg info in that location until we standardized.
        Jon Athey - Sr. Supply Chain Analyst - Materials Management - MyMichigan Health
        brupp
        Veteran Member
        Veteran Member
          @Kat V - You have reminded me to "cry" once again to our IS&T. We are not updating IC12 after the item is added if info changes but remembering to do IC11 & PO13 separately can be a challenge.
          @Rebecca - There is no dumb question, & this is one of the best if not THE best Lawson forum out there. Sounds like you're on the right track!
          R Phillips
          Advanced Member
          Advanced Member
            Our IC12 should match IC11 except in a few minor cases. Can I delete the IC12 manufacturer information, so that IC11 is driving the information for IC81/281? The reason I ask is that our PAR label's data comes from IC281 and we have some bad manufacturer information since IC12 was not updated with IC11.

Thanks for all of your help!
            Kat V
            Veteran Member
            Veteran Member
              Your issue would still be new adds. To my knowledge, there is no way to stop IC12 from populating the fields when you add. So if you add a line to IC81, the corresponding IC12 will populate the fields which must then be maintained - even if that means to go back and delete them.
              JonA
              Veteran Member
              Veteran Member
                Do you have MS Addins? It would be very easy to update all your IC12 records with the mfg info from IC11. You don't even have to verify which ones don't match. Just be sure to exclude those IC12 records for your "few minor cases".
                Jon Athey - Sr. Supply Chain Analyst - Materials Management - MyMichigan Health
                R Phillips
                Advanced Member
                Advanced Member
                  Sorry I am just getting back with you. Thanks so much for the information. We do use Addins and are planning to use it to update all of our IC12 records. This has been a big help.

Rebecca
                  R Phillips
                  Advanced Member
                  Advanced Member
                    How do you upload the manufacturer information into IC12 for PAR (IC81) items? We are getting an error that says Cannot maintain item at PAR location - must use IC81, but there is no choice to change manufacturer informaiton in IC81 that we can find. I see IC330 and IC331, but am unsure how to update with that. We only use add-ins. Should we be updating the manufacturer information in PO13?

We did find an alternate way where we load GL Categories for all PAR items, but that involves creating a GL Category for all GL Accounts for all PAR locations which seems unneccesarily redundant.

I am not sure if we are not using the system correctly or if Lawson just is unneccessarily redundant and complicated. (Slightly frustrated right now and very confused.)

Rebecca
                    Kat V
                    Veteran Member
                    Veteran Member
                      I'm in upgrade testing now and there's something odd with the IC12 manuf records for Pars. 95% of my par IC12s have manufacturer blank - which makes sense, as you said, the field is not shown on IC81. When I change the part number for one that does show, IC330 completely ignores the par locations:

Item Location Statistics
                      ******* 0 Items Read - ITEMMAST
                      ******* 18 Items Read - ITEMLOC
                      ******* 0 Items Skipped - ITEMLOC
                      ******* 0 Records in Exception - ITEMLOC
                      ******* 18 ITEMLOC records Updated

It doesn't even say it skipped them.

IC81, 82 and 83 do not show part number and I don't see it in MSCM. I'm thinking that field should be blank and not touched at all and ignored/reported as bug if it populates itself.

Any other thoughts?

GL Categories and PAR: We only populate GL if it is doing something different than the IC12 for the warehouse location it pulls from. If the entire Par is going to the same GL Category, it's populated on the IC81 header. If only a few lines, then we populate it on the line.
                      Kat V
                      Veteran Member
                      Veteran Member
                        Just ran a test - I found a par where line 1 had manufacturer information and line 2 did not. Changed the part numbers using IC330 and neither of them changed - so line 1 is now "wrong" and line 2 is still blank.

I did a count. The req generated on RQ10 shows the part number from the warehouse IC12 so both Line 1 and 2 show the "new" part numbers even though the IC12 for them does not. The correct part number shows on the pick ticket.

So yes, it's stupid, but skip/ignore them.

As for IC330 vs uploads - it's user preference. If you're in Lawson, it's easier to use IC330 than go out into Excel. But if you're uploading mass changes and are already in Excel, it's easier to upload.
                        R Phillips
                        Advanced Member
                        Advanced Member
                          Whew! Glad to know I am not going crazy.

Thanks for your help.
                          Deana_W
                          Basic Member
                          Basic Member

Hello all! 

I have a question in regards to doing a mass change for various item numbers in IC12.  We have various par locations, as I am sure most of you do as well, and we want to upload changes to the manufacturer code if necessary.  I know that we can use IC331 if it is just one or two items but is there a way to upload the changes using MS Addins if there are a lot of items needing to be changed?

Thanks in advance!

You are not authorized to post a reply.