PrevPrev Go to previous topic
NextNext Go to next topic
Last Post 04/08/2021 3:51 PM by  Ragu Raghavan
listbox holding last selected index
 2 Replies
Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
Demi
Private
Private
Veteran Member
(149 points)
Veteran Member
Posts:63


Send Message:

--
03/30/2021 3:14 PM

    A few months ago we adjusted our cusomized forms to work in both IE and Chrome. Now we have discovered something strange.  We have a customized version of pr35.2 for time entries. We made the pay-code field a select field that has hard-coded values for a drop down and/or the users can also type in their pay code if they want to. What has been discovered is ... if an employee has preexisting records on file and the timekeeper tries to add a new entry (overtop of an existing line), when they get to the paycode, if they enter the same paycode (say R for regular), the field gets populated with the NEXT paycode and not the code they entered. This behavior is also carrying over to a next or previous employee. If the last paycode entered for employee 1 was an R, then when you try to enter R for the Next(or previous) employee the dropbox chooses RA. I've added some code for VALUES_OnFocus or OnBlur to clear out the form field and reposition the dropbox selections, but so far nothing is working. The previously selected value is being held somewhere that I can't seem to find. Has anyone else encountered this? Can anyone assist with some possible solutions? Our timekeepers are not happy and I've exhausted what I'm familiar with.

    Demi
    Private
    Private
    Veteran Member
    (149 points)
    Veteran Member
    Posts:63


    Send Message:

    --
    04/08/2021 1:42 PM

    I'm going to add some additional information here; hoping that my original post was either 'unclear' or if this subject needs to be moved to another forum. I'm really hoping that someone might have some advise to pass along to me.  I should add that this form has worked in Mingle in the past in IE.  Now we have transitioned over to Mingle 'OS'. The forms are still the same, they are simply viewed through the OS window in IE.  

    We are experiencing an issue with one of our design studio forms.  We have modified the pr35.2 to use the Pay Code field as a dropdown selection box with hard coded values.  To do this we changed TRD-PAY-CODE to be of type Select and  added values of R-Regular, RH-Regular Holiday and RM- Regular Modified. Now we are experiencing an issue with our ‘typed’ PayCode values and they are not populating correctly.  It ‘appears’ that the pay code field is not ‘clearing’ the fields metadata correctly between some functions and messages. The field on the form is retaining its previous value; so that if you ‘retype’ the same value (say ‘R'; it then populates the field with ‘RH’. I have added a defval=’’ option to the field, added routines to clear out the form field, tried clearing and repopulating the values on the select.  Nothing has made a difference to this behavior.

    Since the error occurs during various functions, I will list 2 instances.  1- Enter the custom form, fill in company, batch and employee and begin adding line items(fc=A, PayCode =R), then click Change to add the record.  You should receive ‘Must Inquire before using this function code’. Then clear out the line-fc fields (or ctrl+shift+k) and click Inquire. Then try to reenter the same time on the same line(fc=A, PayCode=R). This were our PayCode gets populated with “RH” and not “R” as selected.

    This same behavior occurs, to the same item lines; when performing any additional for functions – Next,  Previous, even an Inquiry.   

    What I have found, is if I perform a ‘Clear IOS Cache’ between the events, I can eliminate the behavior from carrying over to the next entry and the entries behave as desired. Would it be the UI Definitions, Drill Rules?  How would you code something like that inside of the DS form? I don’t know.  Any insight or information would be greatly appreciated.

    Ragu Raghavan
    Private
    Private
    Veteran Member
    (1248 points)
    Veteran Member
    Posts:434


    Send Message:

    --
    04/08/2021 3:51 PM
    I am guessing that the original field was a Text and the source was TRD-PAY-CODE. This was deleted and replaced by a hard-coded List with the source pointing to TRD-PAY-CODE. I have seen this act unpredictably in the past.

    What I would do is delete this field. Create a new list (select9 for example). Don't assign a source. And in the routine
    form_onBeforeTransaction
    var vPayCd = lawform.getFormValue("select9")
    lawForm.setDataValue("TRD-PAY-CODE", vPayCd)

    And in the routine
    form_AfterTransaction
    var vPayCd = lawForm.getDataValue("TRD-PAY-CODE");
    lawForm.setFormValue("select9", vPayCd)

    see if that makes any difference. (the syntax is off the top of my head, you will need to check)
    You are not authorized to post a reply.