AP16.2 must inquire first

Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author

Linda3

I'm trying to upload to AP16.2  I keep getting a message "Vendor bank exists must inquire first".  Does anyone have a resolution for this?

Brad Schauer

Veteran Member

Veteran Member

The functionality of this screen is pretty strange. If you go to AP16.2 and inquire on an existing record and then change the "Vendor Bank Identification" field and hit change you will get the message "*** Vendor Bank has changed, must inquire first".

Now hit inquiry and you will get a message "*** Vender Bank Change, hit change to update".

Now hit change and you will get the message "Change Complete - Continue"

Lawson says that this is "working as designed" because the bank information is being stored in the CB system (CBBANKENT) not on the APVENMAST file.

This appears to be one of the screens that will not work with Addins.

Brad

darwin collins

I came across this same problem with Lawson AP16.1 .
        Vendor Bank has changed, must inquire first

(hmm, several years later, and the problem may have still not been fixed)
        (will research more)

darwin collins

"Vendor Bank has changed, must inquire first" may really mean: ABA does not exist
          (or similar)

darwin collins

I found a work around by simply setting the current bank data (aba/account#/prenote/etc) to blank/empty, and then doing another call with the desired data.

Laura

Basic Member

Basic Member

We also just leave the bank information blank - on our AP16 upload we upload the routing number ("bank ID") and that is all.  If there is a bank name set up in CB00.1 then that name will automatically populate on AP16, otherwise the bank name field on AP16 stays blank, which we haven't found to affect anything.

darwin collins

Has anyone figured out how to get paste the "Vender Bank Change, hit change to update
                "? Usually, clearing all data in the ap16.1 field, do a change, so I can have a fresh screen work, when I do the data upload, but I am still encountering the problem from time to time.

darwin collins

I did find an instance that:
                  AP16.2 AGS Result= *** Vendor Bank has changed, must first Inquire

really means: Location code not found (user typed in a location that didn't exist)
                  You are not authorized to post a reply.