RQ511

Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
    Has anyone used RQ511 for order interfacing from Omnicell?  If so, do you have the detail line of the input file?  Lawson can't seem to provide it to me or tell me how RQ511 works.  Thanks!
    JimY
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member
      Hi Lynne,
      Yes we do use if for Omnicell. Below is a sample of the input file. Let me know if you have any questions.

MSH|^~\&|||||20110223120648||MFN|||2.2
      MFI|PLF^Pick List File||UPD|20110223120648||NE
      MFE|MAD|||HU4C
      ZPL|HU4C|100000|2|CPC01-0015013.00|PK
      ZPL|HU4C|100120|10|CPC01-0015013.00|PK
      ZPL|HU4C|100170|5|CPC01-0015013.00|EA
      ZPL|HU4C|100333|30|CPC01-0015013.00|EA
      ZPL|HU4C|100529|50|CPC01-0015013.00|EA

Lynne
      Veteran Member
      Veteran Member
        Thanks, Jim. I do have another question. Do you EDI your orders? If so, do you send the restock ID in your EDI transaction? We currently send it via EDI to our supplier so they can print it on the tote of supplies. We need to continue to do this with Lawson. In testing this RQ511, I see that it gets written to the 'Deliver To' field.
        JimY
        Veteran Member
        Veteran Member
          Hi Lynne,
          We had Omnicell make modifications on their end and the file is FTP'd to our server. I should also tell you that we set each Omnicell unit up as a Requesting Location and also had to set them up as Par Locations with the items that they will be ordering. On IC81.2 we specify the from company and the from stocking location (our warehouse) so that it does not need to be in the record being passed.  We are only ordering stock items through Omnicell.
          Lynne
          Veteran Member
          Veteran Member
            We are stockless, so that is why we need the restock ID to pass in EDI.
            As far as your par location set up with only Omnicell items, is that so you only pass those items in an item update interface.
            JimY
            Veteran Member
            Veteran Member
              Hi Lynne,
              Is the restock ID the same as the Vendor Catalog Number? We don't pass the items back to Omnicell for an Item update. The Warehouse performs that manually. Any items that need to be ordered are done through our main warehouse. Each item has a vendor catalog number tied to it through PO13. If you use the par locations you could set up the from Primary Vendor and Purchase From Location on IC81.2 for that item and when it comes through the interface the requisition would be built with the information needed(Also included from PO13.). I would assume that a Purchase Order would be built when you ran PO100.

You may have to modify RQ511 and RQ500 to meet your needs. Hope that helps.
              You are not authorized to post a reply.