9 065 issue after upgrade

Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
    After upgrading our Lawson instance from 9.009 to 9.019.153 and moving to a new 64 bit HP server running Windows Server 2008 R2 we are experiencing a significant increase of 9 065 file locked errors. Most are on Print File but there are quite a few on program temp and work files. The jobs have all recovered successfully so far, but we are concerned that there may be a larger underlying issue. We do not believe the file contention is being caused by other Lawson users based on our utilization of the apps and past experience. Anti virus software also comes to mind, but again nothing has changed with that and it was never an issue before. Has anyone experienced this problem and if so was there a solution?
    Joe O'Toole
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member
      Just checking back on this topic. Has anyone else experienced this file locked / job recovery problem? Our users are at wits end having to recover multiple jobs every day. Thanks!
      Jimmy Chiu
      Veteran Member
      Veteran Member
        Any job that uses auto-print caused lock for me. (I opened a case and they had JT open for this one) Dunno it's fixed or not, but none of all users' job uses auto-print now.
        Also user with default printer set in the account locks (occasionally) also.

The locking was so bad that lawson webex in and we had to use processexplorer to find the windows process that's responsible for the locking to manually terminate the tree.

the typical symptom is webrpt process locks the print file up, thus, next time when you submit the same job, it locks up since the webrpt process still have the print file open.
        eldredgd
        Basic Member
        Basic Member
          Hi there - We are 9.0.1 ESP 9/Apps 9.0.1 MSP 7. I have the same issue but it is isolated to just my finance users. I am being told that it does not have to be an autoprint. It can be anything where they do an action - release or action-print. The work around I was given was to go into Lawson Security, and under Manage Identities environment where the userid is populated have user type in their network password and save. We are using ldap authentication so this is not anything we normally would do. However, it seems that this activity has stopped them from locking out. Lawson is still working with me to determine what exactly is cause. In the meantime, I am stuck with the workaround and am hoping the Jt is released soon -- otherwise I will have them do the same thing every time their network password is changed.
          BarbR
          Veteran Member
          Veteran Member
            eldredgd - are you talking about the lawson identity where the LOGIN, PASSWORD and PASSWORD CONFIRM attributes are If so, we are also bound to the Active Directory LDAP and were told that the PASSWORD and PASSWORD CONFIRM attributes needed to be populated, but weren't used, so it doesn't matter what is put into them as long as something was put in.
            Joe O'Toole
            Veteran Member
            Veteran Member
              We are getting 9 065 errors on other files as well (AP520SORT-FILE, IFG71-FILE9, AP175WORK-FILE, etc.) and I do not believe we have autoprint enabled. The jobs are always recoverable by the user without me doing anything in Lawsec or RM Admin. Were your users able to recover in your case before resetting the password in ldap?
              eldredgd
              Basic Member
              Basic Member
                Yes, that is what I am talking about. When I add a user to the system, I put in our domain\userid, and because password is a required field I just enter anything I want. Should not matter since it should be pulling what their password is from active directory. What Infor support is having me to do the for the users that are continually locking out is have them come to my desk, open up that screen and have them type in twice what their network password really is. I have done this for 3 of my heavy lockout users and they have not locked out since. But like I said, I am married to this work around until I get the JT.
                msjmg111
                Veteran Member
                Veteran Member
                  We too had an issue after the upgrade where users were being locked out of AD when doing certain print functions (mainly SPD users printing their issues).  We were given the same workaround (changing the lawson identity password to match the network password).  Fortunately for us this issue was resolved by putting in this patch - LSFCT_WIN2008_09000109P18952.
                  troelofs
                  Advanced Member
                  Advanced Member
                    We occasionally experience the lockout issue on Windows as well. Rather than have people come to my desk to enter their password in Lawson Security, I set them up with a shortcut called Change Batch Password that points to the /sso/useratts.htm page. When they click on this link, they enter the password of their AD account and click Save and they are good to go. The trick is to get the users to remember to update their network password when it changes.

We are bound to AD so we really should not have to set the batch user password so if you find a patch that resolves your issue please post back.
                    Chris P
                      Has anyone found a real resolution to this issue? We are in the process of moving from V9 to V10 (also Unix to Windows) and are encountering the account lock out issue.
                      You are not authorized to post a reply.